Notes, birds, nature, meanderings.

Musings about birds, nature, and our meanderings on the Central Oregon Coast

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Stormy Days, Smelly Plants

Between rain, work and family things we've been too distracted to get much bird-watching or blogging in.  At the risk of boring you all to death, I'll share my smelly plant story.

We arrived home from work to a house full of an obnoxiously glorious perfume -- what in the world?!? 

Checked the fully-open long-stemmed roses to see if they had suddenly developed an aroma -- nope!  Hmmm - tracked the smell to the dining room and found the culprit.

An unknown variety of SANSEVIERIA I received from a co-worker years ago has suddenly decided to bloom.  Sadly neglected (it apparently thrives on neglect!).


















I wish I could share the aroma with you - sweet and cloying as gardenias, a bit overpowering in a closed-in house!  Apparently the blooms are only open at night.

If you're a plant fan and know which variant this is, I'd love to hear from you! 

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Funny post, definitely not boring... Good luck with the smell!

    ReplyDelete